Existing Products in the Market
US Open – Tennis ear radio
Paris St. Germain Soccer Stadium – upload experience to view at home
SnapChat – specific stories
Arkansas Football Stadium – Live streaming the game outside
Cameras (multiple viewing angles)
Food services / delivery
Kids play areas
How to get around / find things:
Level of Engagement Across a Timeline
We interviewed long-time Tampa Bay Buccaneers Fan and Stadium Attendee, Martee Halloran, about her experiences at Raymond James Stadium.
What’s it like attending a football game?
- When the team is doing well, there’s a better atmosphere in the stadium
- When they are losing, she prefers to stay home
How do you choose what games to go to?
- Corporate tickets were perfect for seating and viewing because they were on the 50 yard line and high up, but they were boring.
- If we wanted to go to a game bad enough and sit in the nosebleeds we would spend 40-50 dollars and we were around the true diehard Buc’s fans.
Who do you go with? How many people?
- In corporate sections, it was [my husband] and I.
What’s offered at the stadium?
- Giant pirate ship where people throw candy and beads. It’s like a mini mardi gras.
- At halftime, Peewee league kids went on the field to play football, and the fans would scream and roar for the little kids.
- The team does a lot for the community of Tampa Bay, homeless single-mother things, each player has his own charitable organization.
- Each section has outdoor venues for food. More casual outside and more formal bars inside.
- The tailgates get a little fancy: people playing music, some are hired.
Do you use your phone/device while watching the game? during breaks? before/after?
- I used to but I quit. I don’t like to be taunted [by relatives watching at home].
What is your favorite part of the experience of attending a game? What is your least favorite part?
- My favorite of all time is meeting the Air Force pilots who fly over before the game.
- My least favorite are the opposing team fans. They’re just obnoxious, not even drunkeness.
What do you want to see implemented?
- There’s this big push for women and children take more of an interest in the NFL and to come to more games. As a layperson I would never be able to pay $365 to get good seats. The NFL would have to do something to get families and women in, not to have to get nosebleed seats.
List of Actions
- buy tickets
- go to stadium
- park car
- find seat
- cheer the team
- taunt the opposing team
- wait in lines
- watch tv screens / displays
- watch the game
- watch people
- watch cheerleaders
- make friends
- talk with people
- take pictures
- go to the bathroom
- record video
- listen to the radio
- work – check email / messages
- check schedule / stats
- check news
- check / share on social media
- talk on the phone
- walk around
- buy drinks/food
- eat food
- get autographs
- drink beverage
- resell tickets
- shopping / buy souvenirs
Looking down on the players
My nose is bleeding
Football is so cool
Even if you know nothing
Cheering for your team
There once was a woman named Alice
Who worshiped the Cowboys from Dallas.
She scalped for good seats
But, alas, they were cheats.
Now she’s filled with disdain and malice.